Friday 7 May 2010

New card trend for Norway?














This is going to be my second year without the traditional way for me to celebrate Norway’s National Day 17th of May. I started to think about that a couple of months ago since friends and family was talking about coming over for a visit that weekend. It got me into a “I-miss-celebrating-the-Norwegian-National-Day-the-proper-way” mode and from that I got an idea of making a Happy National Day (a Happy Birthday Norway card) that people could sent to each other, especially to those who are not in Norway for the National Day. At this point I think a national card has never been made before, but I hope to maybe start a new tradition. (Please let me know if I am wrong.)

Since I had a positive experience printing the birthday cards on the Adana Press I decided to use it again for this card. I wanted to print in the national colours red, white and blue. And make the amount used of each colour similar to the proportions used in the flag. Actually I printed only in white and blue, but on red cardboard paper. On the card I did an experiment on possibilities with printing two colours on the same card without allowing the first print to dry. It worked very well, and my guess is that it worked because of the fact that the print is not touching each other. How or if it would have worked if it was an over layered second print I need to do test into that. I will test it out with in the next few weeks, hopefully already next week. Unfortunately I can’t post pictures of the test results as will be tested on a design for a gift, but I will tell you how it went. 

No comments:

Post a Comment