Wednesday 5 May 2010

Inspired by a song
















While I was working in the letterpress studio on the “as long as […]” poster, I one day started singing on a song I used to sing when I was a kid. And a part of the lyrics got stuck in my head, and I thought it could be a rather interesting, yet simple layout for a square poster. The song name is actually "Du og jeg og vi to", (translated: you and me and us two), which was the part I kept singing on repeat all day long. I added “oss” (translated: us) as a over layer (printed on top).

The setting of the quote made a nice rectangular shape, and I wanted to add even a more square feeling by using a square format quite much bigger than the actually print. This piece is only printed in purple, with a paler version of the colour on the over layered word. From poster to poster the paleness of the second colour varies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment