Thursday 6 May 2010

Always someone’s birthday














Don’t think anyone will disagree with me on the fact that there is someone’s birthday almost every single week (that you know of).
The idea for this card came when a couple of my friends were going to celebrate their birthdays together. All I wanted was a simple but personal birthday card to give them, but slightly different than the ones you can buy. 

The birthday card was my first project on an Adana press. All previous work has been produced on a Stephenson Blake proofing press. The Adana press is small and offers a fun work rhythm, and the only thing that makes me like the Stephenson better is the easiness of hand inking while you are printing with one colour on the press. I found that hard to achieve on the Adana. That is my experience at least :)

The art work is a combination of wood and metal type, in two different fonts. The card is printed on several different papers,
a range of white and yellow, and also on a black cardboard paper. Considered the fact that I want to offer at a later point a range of different birthday cards I only have a small limited number of cards printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment