Thursday 4 November 2010

Pantone Formula Guide


You can say a Pantone fan is both a Designer and a Printers friend. They are expensive to buy, but they will and should last for a long time. There are different Pantone fans for different purpose. The one I love is a Formula Guide (one for coated and one for uncoated) which shows which colours to mix and how much of each to get to one specific Pantone colour. And the names/code of every Pantone colour. But you can't get the CMYK or RGB values of any of the colours.

I love it for the fact that is shows a range of colours (and I love colours), it is simple to understand and it works! A good example is to tell you about my experience the first time I tried to mix the colour brown. It turned out everything else but brown. It sounds maybe a bit silly and you may think I'm stupid, but it was not that logical for me. Most colours I know more or less how to mix, but with this I'm 100% sure how to get one colour that I want. If you haven't seen one, please do. It is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment