Tuesday 21 September 2010

The process of my work

First I need to choose typefaces to use, place them together, set the spacing (with rulers and leading) and make a solid shape where all letters and furniture (the bits used around the type) is locked up so nothing moves.















When the type is locked onto the press (see above image) I can start taking the first proof for adjusting register and to build up warnout type.

First proof will easily reveal the types that needs to be build up with paper underneath. There is no "right" or "wrong" on how equal the type should print. I prefer a bit of different, and I try to always keep most of the texture in wood types.


How much that needs to be adjusted is different on every project. Final result for the first layer for this project is seen underneath.

2 comments:

  1. sweet. nice to see how it's done and read about the process.

    you're quite the artist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww:) thanks!! Yeah I thought it was about time to show how it works:p there is quite a lot of work behind! I'm trying to be:)

    ReplyDelete